• Front Mount Support Bridge with retention strap(weld in)
• Rear Mount Bat wing Cradle (bolt on)
• 2X Custom 4340 heat treated axle bars (Ford to Mazda conversion)
• 2X EMPI CV boot kit 86-2127 (outer CV joints)
• 2X EMPI CV boot kit 86-2103 (inner CV joints)
• All Mounting Hardware
• Instructions and spec
Users must provide:
• FC Outer CV Joints (typically donor from the car being swapped)
• Ford 8.8" Rear End (2002-2005 Ford Explorer) including inner stub axles/CV joints
• A Driveshaft (install instructions include a variety of recommendations)
• FC rear diff isolators (user's choice of style but we like polyurethane).
Why? The Ford 8.8 is a substantially stronger diff than the factory Mazda rear end. It's available in a huge range of gear ratios (3.08:1 up to 5.71:1) just looking at Summit Racing. We use a donor rear end from a 2002-2005 Ford Explorer. It's an aluminum case with one front mount that is massive. The support on the Explorer makes the Cobra 8.8 front mounts look tiny by comparison. Furthermore, the Explorer parts are both easier and cheaper to come by than the comparable Cobra pieces. Everything mounts from the topside which dramatically improves the load path AND you'll retain close to factory like exhaust clearances. Note: 2006 is a conversion year but so long as it has the single front mounts that's what you want.
How much power will it hold? We don't really know since we haven't broken one yet. One of the early adopters is making 1000 whp in a road race application. No issues thus far.